It’s been a wild(er) ride around here as of late with the dog’s death and my political rallying (more on that in a soon-to-be-formed post), but I want to get Amelia’s latest and greatest down before it loses some of its freshness. So, at 15 months, these are the things (in no particular order) I want to remember:
- 21#6oz. (25th percentile)
- 29 3/4″ (35th percentile)
- the doctor’s visit was a DISASTER of epic proportion…the minute we went into the room she knew something was up. She screamed and cried and threw herself on the floor and bit the nurse (albeit possibly accidentally) and looked at me with pitiful puppy dog eyes that implored me to stop the torture 😦
- when pointing at the door and saying “go” to me didn’t work, she looked at the doctor, pointed to the door again, and said “doc.out. you.” The doctor didn’t leave, but she was impressed with her verbal skills. 😛
- Amelia loves all things animal…if it’s furry, it’s her friend. Wonder what she’d think of the fuzzy gladware contents I found at the back of the refrigerator the other night?
- The girl loves, loves, loves to make Olivia and Owen giggle. She will perform the most ridiculous antics to get them to laugh at her. Seeing as they do the same, it gets wild around the dinner table quite often!
- Speaking of dinner, the girl subsists on air many days. She is just not a big eater. Her childcare provider reports that she eats a hearty lunch each day, but dinner at home with us just isn’t her thing. Perhaps it has something to do with the hoopla-making that goes on around the dinner table?!?!
- Nursing IS her thing, though. We’re working on night weaning. I know, I know…long overdue. Even if we take that session out of the mix, she’s still nursing 3 times a day on my workdays and 5 or more on weekends/days off. If anything, it seems like she has an increased need lately. Something big developmentally must be on the horizon.
- Walking, maybe? Cautious baby + older sibling who jump to get her anything she points at = a 15 month old non-walker. I’m trying to remember to be at peace with letting it happen at its own pace.
- Temper tantrums have begun. Fun!
- This girl’s vocabulary? Well, I lost count a while ago of how many words she has. I’d conservatively guess around 50. And she asks “what’s the sign” to something at least once a day.
- She doesn’t bother her shoes or socks anywhere but in the car. She often has those things whipped off before I can finish clicking her in!
- When she finishes nursing at nap time, she crawls over to the cedar chest where her books are all laid out and thoughtfully examines the covers before choosing which one to read.
- Current favorites include Shades of Black, by Sandra Pinkney and Everywhere Babies by Susan Myers.
- She’s amazing and wonderful and growing up WAY too fast!
If you’re still reading, kudos. That was a lot longer than I planned!